Cooee…just a quick note to say….
Merry Christmas! We would like to wish everyone a very very Happy Christmas and thank everyone for their support in 2012. It’s been a big year for us (see our 2012 in numbers below), and we’re really enjoying the ride. So here’s a BIG thank you to all our friends, well-wishers and customers. We’ll look forward to speaking again in 2013!
Last orders before Christmas & opening hours
The Vegware office closes on Friday 21st December, re-opening on Wednesday 2nd January. For delivery before Christmas, please order by 3pm on Wednesday 19th December. Or forever hold your peas. If you need a delivery between Christmas and New Year, please contact us this week and we will happily arrange a delivery on Friday 28th December.
And now, Vegware’s 2012 in numbers!
- 1,100 youtube views of the Vegware Song – the world’s first bluegrass song about eco packaging?
- 460 tonnes of carbon saved and 360 tonnes of virgin materials saved (compared to 260 and 200 tonnes last year) – these are our Eco Audits
- 8 new team members: Evan, Sophie, Claudia, Sarah, Abigail, Lucille, Erica and Malene! Tea rounds take way longer now!
- 5 awards (bringing our tally to 20) and our own Parliamentary Motion ‘Congratulations to Vegware’
- 4 corners of the earth – now people can buy Vegware from Iceland to South Africa to California and all sorts of places in between…
- 4 new Vegware innovations: wine glasses, sugar sticks, glassine bags, low-MOQ eco custom cups
- 3pm cut-off for next-day UK delivery – was 1pm until November 🙂
- 1 new adjective: schmlicious. Come on, people, let’s get this into spellcheck!
- Zero waste to landfill – together with our Food Waste Network, we’re helping caterers recycle pretty much everything
So that was the last newsletter of 2012. Don’t be shy – feel free to send us chocolates, flowers, or any sort of artisan foodstuffs to our Edinburgh address. Or simply say hello on facebook or follow us on twitter at @vegware. Or if you actually want to talk about compostable packaging, we like that too. We’re on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0845 643 0406.
All the best for a restful break filled with lashings of Stilton and hundreds of clementines,
Lucy and the Vegware team