What a week! On Thursday we found out that out of all the 200,000 members of the Federation of Small Businesses, we scooped the top prize in their awards – that was in the Edinburgh Evening News yesterday. And today it is announced that we have also won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development. 152 UK businesses were recognised with a Queen’s Award, but we are one of only 9 to gain this recognition for Sustainable Development. Read all about it on the BBC website, and also the news of Vegware’s Australian expansion in Scotland on Sunday.
Is it a double whammy? Or even a Royal Flush? A royal flush has five top cards, so for us so far in 2013 that could be…
- today’s Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development
- being named the best business in Scotland by the FSB, back in February
- getting a second Scottish Parliamentary Motion congratulating us on that win
- then winning the Business Innovation category at the FSB Streamline UK Awards
- then also winning the top prize and being named the best small business in the UK
That makes five amazing bits of news, but last week our gourmet hot box won a ‘Highly Commended’ at the Essential Cafe trade awards, and then on Friday we also heard we were shortlisted in the Foodservice Footprint Awards… So we’ll have to forget about trying to crowbar all the good news into a numerical cliche and just say a HUGE thank you to all our friends, supporters and well wishers. We have had such a lot of good will and kind words over the last few days, and it feels fantastic. Thank you!